LaLionne

Soul Stripper
Katana Collins
Promise Me Darkness
Paige Weaver
Good
S. Walden
Six Years
Harlan Coben
Left Drowning
Jessica Park
Break Her - B.G. Harlen First of all, what in a hell was that? And second, who hired him!!??

I'm giving it two stars because of the promise that the story had. I didn't like it, it was too brutal for my taste and characters had no redeeming qualities what so ever. I know that he wasn't suppose to be likable, the dude was the definition of pure evil, plain and simple, but what surprised me was the fact that I, for the life of me, couldn't feel a slightest bit of sympathy towards her. She was difficult character to figur it out. It annoyed me that her mind constantly wondered off to some other place. I don't know if u can call it procrastination, maybe it was just some kind of defense mechanism, to escape the brutal present. But then again, she did say she didn't mind the pain, she kind of liked it (which made the whole thing even more disturbing).

Towards the end there were 24 freaking pages of her self analyzing herself, trying to analyze her husbands actions, a lot of what ifs, which had a little to do with the present, or maybe everything. Her thoughts were too twisted for me to understand her. I skipped through a lot of it, maybe somewhere there was the answer to who had hired him, but I just couldn't take it any more.

The book was decently written and the ending was fair, but I do wish I could erase some of the images from my head.

I feel like I need some serious therapy after this one.