LaLionne

Soul Stripper
Katana Collins
Promise Me Darkness
Paige Weaver
Good
S. Walden
Six Years
Harlan Coben
Left Drowning
Jessica Park
The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1) - Samantha Towle Gorgeous cover, interesting storyline, horrible writing., September 6, 2012

This story had all the elements in a book that I like: hot guy, who is also a total manwhore ( you have to have one of those :)), a girl, who's in the relationship and crushing on a rock star, and a promise of enough romance, drama and heartache to last you a lifetime. What else do you need? Decent writing!!!

This one was hard to read. I don't mind that it was told just from her point of view, because usually it adds more mystery to the story, but the writing was horrendous. I felt like I was reading a diary of a 14 year old and not a novel. And the irony of it all, she is a journalist for a magazine. She should have had broader vocabulary and the structure of sentences should have been better. I felt that there was no flow to the language what so ever. That is why I wasn't able to connect to any of the characters. I didn't feel the sparks between two of the main characters, that was promised.

The funny thing is that I'm not an expert on a subject matter. I don't usually comment on a bad grammar or bad writing, I do a lot of mistakes my self, but it was too much, even for me.

There were plenty of scenes where I should have felt sad, heartbroken, sympathetic or happy, but all I felt was irritated.

Imagine your favorite artist singing your favorite song and then, she or he, gets horrible hiccups. You still like the song, but those god damn hiccups ruins the whole performance. That's how I felt while I was reading this book.

I saw that there were some comment, both on amazon and goodreads, that The Mighty Storm is her first book and that you should forgive for the bad writing. First of all, it's not her first, it's her third. And second, even if it was authors first, it's not an excuse. Maybe I wouldn't be complaining if book would have been free. It wasn't.

After I finished the book I felt sad and disappointed, more than irritated. Author had some great ideas, but deliverance was bad. I do hope that author reads customers comments and takes that in to a consideration before publishing the next book.