LaLionne

Soul Stripper
Katana Collins
Promise Me Darkness
Paige Weaver
Good
S. Walden
Six Years
Harlan Coben
Left Drowning
Jessica Park
Sharp Objects - Gillian Flynn 4.5 stars.

"There are two kinds of serial killers as far as the victim is concerned: the kind that you don't see before they pounce on you and the kind you see and don't expect to pounce on you."

- Pat Brown -

The story is about a crime journalist, Camille. She travels back to her home town to write an article about the murders of two girls.
It's a small town, population 2000. Most of people there have know each other since childhood and no one believes that the killer could be one of the locals.
Cute little town, full of high school sweethearts with their cute little families, houses with the white picket fences and 2,5 kids. Streets are full of cute little boys and girls running around.
description
Cute, right? Well, as you read you discover that behind the close doors, of those cute houses, lives some very disturbing people. The more you read the more it looks like it was a job of a local. Pretty much everyone starts looking suspicious. You reach the point in the story where almost everyone looks, sounds and acts like a serial killer :).
description
Some very dark and disturbing secrets start coming out and at this point you think that anyone of them could have done it. There is a lot of speculation going on, who could have done it and most importantly why? Who could be so evil to hurt a child.
description
Flynn is brilliant at playing games with readers minds. She creates characters that are very hard to like and even harder to figure it out. It's almost impossible to figure it out who the killer is. I have changed my theory on who that might be, maybe a dozen times. Just when you think you know who did it, something happens and you start doubting. It's very fun to read (aside from the fact that kids are being murdered, of course).

I would have given it a 5 starts if it wasn't for the ending. It's fine the way it ended, but I felt like the ending was a bit rushed. It almost felt like "Oh, by the way...". I think that epilogue was completely unnecessary. I would have loved for the story to have ended with Lily Burke disappearance. Readers would still have known who did it and maybe why, plus, it would have left readers surprised and in shock, with bunch of questions "How? When? Why?". How and when is not important, and as to why, the story had enough information about the murders and characters, for the reader to figure it out.
Other than that, it was a brilliantly written story, total page turner.