LaLionne

Soul Stripper
Katana Collins
Promise Me Darkness
Paige Weaver
Good
S. Walden
Six Years
Harlan Coben
Left Drowning
Jessica Park
Sinister Kisses (SKALS, #1) - Adriana Noir 3.5 stars.

This is not a love story, or at least not in my eyes. It's a story about abusive relationship, psychological manipulation and power abuse.
description

The story is quite interesting and is pretty good developed. The fact that half of the story is told from the abusers point of view makes it even more disturbing.

Things that I liked:

- Well written main male character. There wasn't any questions about who he was and what his intentions were. He isn't a character you will sympathize with. His thoughts and actions were disturbing to the point that it made me want to puke.

"Watching her from the corner of his eye, Sebastian smiled to himself. He was going to enjoy opening her up to new experiences."

description

"Taylor opened her mouth, but he silenced her with a finger and slow shake of his head.
"No," he warned. "The only words I want to hear from your mouth at this point are, 'yes, Sebastian' or 'I would be happy to, Sebastian.' Anything else is only going to piss me off. Are we clear?"

- The secondary characters (his buddies) were just as screwed up as he was.
- The whole process of him mentally controlling her was sickening, but interesting.

What I didn't like:

- The beginning felt rushed and in my opinion could have been written differently. Especially the part when he asked her to go on a date. For the life of me I could not understand why she said yes. I think if circumstances would have been different, it would have been more believable. She agreed to go on a date with him while she was held at gun point by one of his buddies, with dead bodies splattered around them. If she would have said yes out of fear, I would have understood, but she agreed because she thought he was sweet and somewhat charming (???).

- I would have liked to see her more conflicted. That would have made me sympathize with her easier. She annoyed me more often than not. I didn't get the impression that she had a very hard upbringing so I could not understand why was she trusting him so blindly.

- The most annoying thing of all was characters constantly giggling (52 freaking giggles) and chuckles (53). Beavis and Butthead much? Chuckles and giggles were escaping their mouths, ending their sentences, they bit, smothered, contained, fought, pulled back, spilled, drew back and tamped them. OMG!!

description

- My biggest problem with this book was the fact that it's placed under the category erotic triller. Just because you trow a bunch of sex scenes in, doesn't make it erotic. It is a triller, yes, but not an erotic one.
I think some of the authors need to get their definition of what erotic is straight. Maybe it's just me, but I don't find psychological manipulation and abuse very erotic.

With that being said, I will read the next book, because I want to know how their story ends. I just hope that the second installment is better.