LaLionne

Soul Stripper
Katana Collins
Promise Me Darkness
Paige Weaver
Good
S. Walden
Six Years
Harlan Coben
Left Drowning
Jessica Park
The Devil's Metal - Karina Halle 3.5 stars

Loved the story. This book has Karina Halle all over it. If someone would have given me the book without the cover or authors name on it, I would have still be able to tell who wrote it. How cool is that :-)?

I really didn't know what to expect when I picked up this book. I purposely didn't read any reviews, because sometime they tend to mess with my head. Also because it's Karina Halle, come one, it's got to be good :-).

The story started a bit slower that I would have liked, but so does all of K. Halle's books, I'm used to it. It's fine.
Dawn is a music journalist who is about to take a trip of a lifetime. She is going on tour with Hybrid, rock band that is all about sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. She gets to meet a lot of crazy characters on tour. Then things start to get weird. She is seeing things that should be there, hearing weir noises. The more time passes the weirder everyone around her starts to act. There is a romance going on between her and lead guitarist Sage. It's a perfect combination of creepy and sexy.

So what's my problem you ask? Why 3.5 stars? As I said at the beginning, when I started this one I didn't have any expectations, I was just exited to see what Halle came up with this time. As I was reading I was having little moments of deja vu. Creeps lurking behind corners, Down seeing things that might or might not be there, having strangest dreams, Sage speaking in code, promising not to let anything bad happen to her, but never telling her the whole truth. Up until the end you don't know if he is a good guy or a bad guy. Then they team up to fight evil. All that reminded me way to much of Perry and Dex.

If that would have been my first book by Karine Halle I would have given 5 stars. It felt like this book belonged to the series Experiment in Terror. Dawn could have easily been Perry, throw Dex in the mix, give him some of the Sage's parts and voila The Devil's Metal (Experiment in Terror #8). As for the sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll, it is plenty of that in Experiment in Terror series ;-).

I'm a huge Karine Halle fan, can't wait for the release of Come Alive and Shooting Scars, but as for the next book in these series, I'm on "maybe" about it.