LaLionne

Soul Stripper
Katana Collins
Promise Me Darkness
Paige Weaver
Good
S. Walden
Six Years
Harlan Coben
Left Drowning
Jessica Park
Wait for You  -  Jennifer L. Armentrout, J. Lynn So here is the thing. Technically, there is nothing wrong with the book. Great, lovable and well developed characters and decent writing.

Cam is absolutely swoon-worthy guy. He is a total package. Not only his physical attributes are yummy, he has a brain to back it all up. He is funny, sexy, smart and protective of his women.

Avery is a haunted soul. She is quiet, doesn't have too many friends, doesn't party, doesn't trust people easily because of what happened to her in the past.

The chemistry between two main characters is believable and I like the fact that their relationship develops slowly.

This book has all the right elements to make it a great story. Unfortunately, those very same elements kind of ruins the whole story. Why? Because it's the same old thing over and over again. I could name at least ten book of the back of my head, which are written using the same old recipe.

Hot popular guy - check
Meets shy and not very popular girl - check
They like each other a lot, but for some reason, one or both, hesitating to take relationship further - check.
Both have secrets which are threatening to ruin their relationship - check.
Then they have to face the past in order to move forward - check.
Incounters with the people from the past - check.
A lot of back and forward - check.
They are back together - check.

Sounds familiar?
Because of the lack of originality it looses a lot of points.

Also, transition between the chapters were way too choppy. One moment they are in the middle of a conversation and the next, they are in another city, week later, doing stuff and you get this: Last week we talked, he stayed over, we met with friend and did things. I got few calls from different people, canceled my classes and so on. And then jump into the present.

The book isn't bad, but I've read the same story many times before and quite frankly it's starting to bore me to death.