LaLionne

Soul Stripper
Katana Collins
Promise Me Darkness
Paige Weaver
Good
S. Walden
Six Years
Harlan Coben
Left Drowning
Jessica Park
Epilogue: The Dark Duet (The Dark Duet, #2.5) - C.J. Roberts 5 extraordinary stars!

Thank you for the ride C. J. Roberts, I enjoyed every single word of it.
I can't believe the journey ends here :-(.
description

It was one helluva unforgettable ride. I think at this point analyses of the book is unnecessary. Those who've read C.J Roberts previous books know that she is brilliant at what she does. You either got it or you don't, and she's GOT IT :-D.

All I can think about at this point is the fact that TDD series has come to an end. I feel like I should wait a day or two to write the review, but here comes my babble :).

This books isn't as intense as her previous books, but just as emotional. It's about Livvie and Caleb leaving past behind and starting new. The story grips your attention from the very beginning and holds it to the very end.

"Who am I?
Well, that’s what I’m trying to figure out. I was a whore in my youth, a killer since my adolescence, and a monster as a man. I am the man who kidnapped Livvie. I am the man who held her in a dark room for weeks. But, most importantly, I am the man she loves."

Nothing big happens in this story. Caleb and Livvie already got their happy ending. We've read Livvie's point of view, and now, Caleb tells us his. And it's freaking brilliant!
Their first meeting after a year isn't very pleasant.
description
And who can blame Livvie? WTF Caleb? I would have done the same thing :-). But OMG it's hard to hate him. In so many ways he is still the same, but you also get to see his softer side (Yeah, I know, who knew he had one :-)).
"I know I can't ease our past. I can't promise you I'm a completely different person. I'm messed up in ways most people can't possibly understand, but I care about you. I had to find you and tell you you're the only thing I care about anymore

You get to see how far they've come since their first meeting. Their second-first meeting is hard on both of them. Both of them are hurt, confused and unsure, but that thing that drew them together is still there.
There is no unnecessary drama. Yes, there is a lot of questions, but they both are willing to meet the other one halfway. That is what was so amazing about this book.

When they finally got to that "We are gonna be okay" place, it was joy to read. It was both fun and sad to. Fun because.... Because they both have a very kinky side to them. C. J. Roberts knows how to keep readers entertained :-D. It was nice to see Livvie having a little bit of power for once :-).

description.

The biggest surprise of all was Livvie, and her ability to forgive Caleb. Don't get me wrong, I like Livvie, loved her from the very beginning, but her strength and how understanding she was amazed me. It's impossible not to love her. I understand why Caleb was struggling so much. He wanted to the right thing, but how could you let go of someone like her?

description

Caleb still has his kink on, but he is not the same man we got to meet in the first book. He is thoughtful and considerate when it comes to Livvie. It's not easy. He lived in that dark hole for a very long time, but f@ck me if he doesn't try to be the man that she deserves.

description
Livvie, you kinky kinky girl :-). It was nice to see her having some power. Although sometimes I wasn't sure who was on top, there was no mistake that she was Caleb's equal. There were many situations where she gladly gave up the control, but only because she knew she could trust him. And it was oh-so-pleasurable to read :-).
description

Fantastic read. Writing is superb, amazing character development. Although I'm sad that Caleb's and Livvie's story is over, I can't wait for C. J. Roberts next book.
------------------
I just want to say one last thing. On the release day of TDD3 there was a mistake done by either amazon or Roberts herself, and it resulted in readers getting the draft instead of the finished copy of the book. I had to wait the whole day before I got the finished version of the book. Waiting was excruciating :). When I finally found out that the full book was available I decided to read the draft first. Why? because Roberts posted following message on her Facebook page: "My stomach hurts. I am physically fucking ill thinking about all ppl reading that shitty draft. Fuuuuuuuuuck!" I refused to believe that it was that bad. So, I decided to read it to see for myself. And let me tell you what. If every writer could write a draft at least half as "bad" as Roberts draft, there would be at least 4 star reviews from me every.single.time!