LaLionne

Soul Stripper
Katana Collins
Promise Me Darkness
Paige Weaver
Good
S. Walden
Six Years
Harlan Coben
Left Drowning
Jessica Park
Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) - Katie McGarry **ARC provided by Harlequin Teen via NetGalley in exchange for my honest review**

Imperfect perfection

Stories like these are the reason why I still love YA books.

I loved Ryan's and Beth's relationship. At firs, I wasn't sure I was going to like Ryan, because he came across as a bit of a player, but he redeemed himself later :).
Their relationship isn't perfect, that's why I loved this story. I think I have said that about Katie McGarry's previous book, too. I like that she is not afraid to put her characters through the grinder :-). The issues that the characters had and the drama surrounding them felt real and real-life-like. Like Ryan's relationship with his brother and his parents, was heartbreaking to read about.
Ryan's and Beth's first time, what a lovely, lovely disaster :-).

I liked that Beth wasn't your typical heroine. I also liked her uncle, he was a very cool dude :-). I loved how their relationship progressed throughout the story, how they got to know each other and finally found the middle ground. Sometimes I thought that her uncle was being too hard on her, even though she herself is quite a piece of work. But at the end, I understood that those things needed to be said and done in order to get Beth to a place where she needed to be.

Superbly written and very touching story. I'm glad we still have authors who are able to come up with unique stories like these. Lately I have noticed that a lot of them just want to ride a fame-vagon, takes someones else's story, changes the names, minor changes here and the, and voila, "Call me an author now". I use to feel bad about criticizing a book for lack of originality, not anymore. Pushing The Limits and I Dare You To is an example that it can be done.

Absolutely loved this book, can wait for the next one by this author.