LaLionne

Soul Stripper
Katana Collins
Promise Me Darkness
Paige Weaver
Good
S. Walden
Six Years
Harlan Coben
Left Drowning
Jessica Park
The Edge of Never - J.A. Redmerski 2.5-3 It-was-just-okay stars

I didn't get what all fuss is about. Yes, the idea of two people meeting on the road is interesting and different, but I didn't like the execution.

It felt like the first half of the book dragged forever and ever. I found their buss rides boring. Main characters didn't do much aside from talking. I get it, that's how you get to know someone, but still, there was something missing for me.

I thought Andrew was alright character. He is sexy, funny and has a little of Dom in him, although I really didn't get that part about him, because I thought it didn't suit his personality. It felt weird every time he said "I need to own you". :-S.

"If you were to let me f@ck you, you would have to let me own you."

And then she was all:
"I told you," I say carefully, "I can't do anything like that with you or-"
"Or I'll have to let you own me," she finishes my sentence."
(...)
"I belong to you, Andrew Parrish... I want you to own me..."

Why does anyone have to own anybody? It's not a BDSM story, that is just weird. Andrew, are you looking for a girlfriend or a slave?

Halfway through story picked up the pace and had few interesting, romantic and fun moments, but then, Camryn started to bug me. There were couple of things she said that actually offended me. If you don't want to go to college, don't, but you don't have to piss on people that went to college trying to make something out of their lives.
"We knew we didn't want to do the college thing and end up working the same job for forty years-we wanted to work everywhere, try everything while on the road!"

But here is the thing, dear Camryn, when you don't have any education, your job choices are very limited. Work everywhere, try everything? Good luck with that!
description
Andrew laughs. "That's actually a pretty cool idea," he says. "One week you're waitressing at a bar and bankin' on tips and the next week, in a different city or town, you're belly-dancing on a street corner and tourists are tossing money in a jar as they walk by."

What kind of sorry ass of a mentor did Camryn had growing up? You don't have to go to college and study something you don't like, there are plenty of things to choose from. What a stupid stupid girl. So, according to her I'm one of "those people" who will end working the same thing for forty years. Here is something for you to chew on, Camryn, I actually love what I do and hope I will end up working the same job for forty years.
She doesn't want to be ordinary like "those people" who went to collage, she want's to be extraordinary buy waitressing her way through the country. OMG! I would like to see if she would still think that after 40 years of waitressing from place to place without any education.
description

I think that the people who want to go to college, but for some reasons can't, would find some of Camryn's statements very insulting.
I get that it's a fictional story, but it still pissed me off.

I didn't hate the book, but didn't love it either.