LaLionne

Soul Stripper
Katana Collins
Promise Me Darkness
Paige Weaver
Good
S. Walden
Six Years
Harlan Coben
Left Drowning
Jessica Park
Sins & Needles - Karina Halle ***5 brilliant stars***

"Double cross me once, shame on me, double cross me twice... MotherF@cker, you better get ready, I'm coming for you!"

- SPOILER FREE -

I loved it. It was a very, very cool read. This story was like a weird mix of a movie Oceans 11, Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, Catch Me If You Can, Sempre by JM Darhower and The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher. It was crazy.
Authors choices of songs was awesome. It suited the story perfectly.
"You blink when you breath and you breath when you lie." Spot on description of both main characters :-D.

Ellie: what a character.
description
I lie, I steal, I lie some more and then, I steal some more. I'm a lier, a thief, ex-girlfriends, a daughter, scam artist, a russian bride. I am what ever you want me to be, until I get what I want, which is of course, your money. Then, bye bye, lover. I know I'm f@cked up, but I'm not good at anything else. That's who I am and I'm brilliant at it. My mom and dad would be so proud :-D.

There are some very dangerous people looking for her and her past is about to catch up with her...
With that being said, it's hard to hate her, because she has this sweetness about her. She have pulled some very nasty stunts, even on people that truly cared about her. It would be so easy to hate her, but I didn't. She was constantly saying that she wanted to start new, live a decent life and you could see that she was trying, very hard, but she just didn't know how. "Just one last time..." she kept saying. And that "last time" got her into more trouble than she expected to, but exactly what she deserved. And I still couldn't hate her!

Camden: oh, he is something alright.
description
I might walk like a duck and quack like a duck, but don't even think about double crossing me, because you'll get what's coming.
If anyone asks, I'm just a tattoo artist ;-). I'm not a bad guy, I'm not, really. Despite my appearances. I have a past of my own. I'm not proud of what I did, but I did the best that I could, with what I had, at that time. Which got me in a very shitty situation, that I'm trying to get out of. And Ellie might be my ticket out of it (Oh Camden, you poor thing, you think you can double cross a double crosser hahaha).
* * *
Camden and Ellie together: match made in hell.
They have known each other for a long time, but after high school they parted ways. And it didn't end on a very good note. Actually, it ended very badly. You see, they used to be friends. But their need for acceptance, need of approval, drove them to do some very stupid things. And when I say "stupid things" I don't mean he called her a bitch and she called him a dick. No. Imagine having a best friend turning on you. She/he knows all your secrets, know things about you that no one else does and uses them to hurt/humiliate you. It hurts you so deeply, because it came from the person you use to trust and confide in. It changes who you are and in a way, determents your future. I think a lot of people can relate to that.

Their first meeting, after many years, looked (and was) pretty innocent. At the beginning. You get the feeling that they just might be each other salvation... But that's where they are wrong. They just might be each other undoing...

It's an amazing and brilliantly written story, with an imperfect characters. A lot of paranoia, distrust and lies. What I liked the most about it was that the author left up to the readers to see/feel what characters felt for each other, either it was positive or negative feelings. Characters don't procrastinate, they focus on the a task at hand, which can easily make them look coldhearted, unlikable and simply piss a reader off. If you are used to reading stories where everything is explained, to the smallest detail. Here, there are no analyses of feelings, here are no I-love-you's. Because there are bigger and more important things that they need to worry about. They simply don't have time to sit around and analyze their feelings. First of all, because they don't trust each other, and second, they don't have time, because there is a psycho maniac trying to hunt them down. Or is he? As you read the story, you start asking yourself, is he really crazy for doing so? :-D.

The book is defiantly a movie material and I would love to see it on a big screen :)

It's a first installment in the trilogy and I can't wait for the next one. I hope it won't be in 2027 :-D.